Friday, July 16, 2010

Triumph hooray!

Well it's been a long time since I've been in the shop but last night I finally got back to work. My dad and brother made the long haul through all the construction to come help out too, which I was pretty excited about.

I've been working on rebuilding the Amal 930 single carb but it was missing a few a few vital components which took a few days to track down some replacements.







After taking it apart about 10 times I finally got it back together with the new gaskets.

Next we mounted the twin ignition coils, put together the new cloth wrapped spark plug wires, installed the brass terminal nuts, and swapped in new spark plugs.





Lastly I put the exhaust on and set the tank back in place just to check it out. Long way to go but feels good to make a little progress.



No comments: