Wednesday, November 02, 2011

From Plasma To Laser

I Stopped by Laser Concepts Inc. this morning to see about the feasibility of getting my parts cut after last nights failure with the CNC plasma. Jake at LC loaded my files, looked them over and said 'sure'. He proceeded to send the cut program to the enormous laser table and cut them while i waited. Wow I couldn't believe they were getting cut right here right now. I'm not used to things going smoothly like this without some kind of headache or set back.

He knew right away the parts were for a motorcycle and he could see my excitement. We bonded over common gearhead ground and talked about some of his projects and my plans with these parts.

Starting with a thought and a simple paper sketch to create a precise computer drawing. Next printing a copy and tracing it to a chip board template to check the fit and finally a finished laser cut part in carbon steel. It's very rewarding to see the progression and hold the finished part.

It's a good day!






No comments: