Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tired...

Went to the shop last night and sanded the table again and put yet another coat of gloss on. This has turned into a much longer project than I anticipated. When I put the vinyl down for the stencil it turns out that previous coats of gloss hadn't fully cured due to the cold temperatures and when I removed the vinyl it pulled up the clear...Curse! Normally I would take it all the way back down to bare wood and start over but it's just a table after all. I should be spending time building the actual motorcycle not the work table. So on we go and it is what it is at this point. It's not perfect but it will do the job.

I also spent about an hour and half straightening the radiator fins on the shoebox. This is one of the most tedious tasks ever. Staring closely at rows and rows and tiny fins for extended periods of time leads to tunnel vision and eventually hallucinations. I didn't take any pictures but both sides are now free of smashed and rock dented fins. I just have to clean and paint it and back in the car it goes. Detail detail detail.

No comments: