Friday, February 20, 2009

Wagons

I have to admit that I love wagons. A wagon is on my top 5 cars list that I will own/build in the near future. You just cant beat their pure practicality. Lots of room to take your family and friends and all your gear. I will admit that most of them in their stock form are a little frumpy but that's easily enough solved. Here's a 1954 Chevy wagon that's currently for sale on eBay and my ultimate wagon version.

Obviously every car should be lowered, in this case air bags would be my choice so that you can lay it out and look ultra cool at the car show but raise it back up to comfortable level for everyday driving. I've also chopped the top 3 just to give it some attitude but not lose too much head room for all those passengers. I'd drop a small block 400 and a turbo 400 trans so it can comfortably and reliably cruise around town and to the grocery store. Not too many modifications but would certainly be a practical fun ride.

Before:

After:

Head over to Street Machinery to check out some the cool wagons these guys have built.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

How many chalkboards do I need to sell to buy one of those?