Friday, February 22, 2008

A Well Lit Path

Lexus doesn't have a thing on ford. If you've seen the commercials for the Lexus RX with active headlights that turn when you're going around a corner and think this is a wonderful new idea, think again. Recently I found this great aftermarket spot light manufactured by the General Automotive Products company of Chicago around 1950. The "Turn-a-beam" automatic spotlight which replaces the center grille bullet on the fords magically "turns with the wheels". I scored me a NOS kit that has never even been opened. Still brand spanking 1950 new in the box. I don't even know if I can bring myself to open the box to install it. I may put this one away for safe keeping and try and locate another to actually use. I also scored a vintage amber spot light which was manufactured by "Safe T Scope" but doesn't have the wonderful turning functionality. We'll see which actually gets used but either way some pretty neat stuff.

2 comments:

Redcrow said...

What is with all these stupid people posting "look here" links... Not cool You need to delete them they are very bad and can hurt your computer.

Anyway stoked on your head lights.
Any new update pics of the ol ford?

Anonymous said...

Attention please!
->> Remove Viruses! <<-